“Life is too short to be living somebody else’s dream” – Hugh Hefner
DISCLAIMER: Links in this post may contain affiliate links. Honesty above all. Please read our disclosure policy here.
Did you know that destinations are made from small actions? It is true, and although the habit does not make the monk, those habits forge our future.
If you are surprised when looking at your finances because they are almost in intensive care, do not worry. We will talk about various habits that may be causing you an unnecessary exit of money; and how to solve it.
1. The habit that affects both men and women, Make shopping a therapy. There are many therapies that do not spend your hard-earned money. See if you can give an opportunity to some of the following: listening to music, cycling, playing sports, and even cursing the referees. All these things help you reduce stress and do not affect your pocket.
2. Bad vibes. Crying about money all the time, makes you attract bad energies which prevent you from getting what you really want. Need to be more positive. Start each morning saying “Things get better every day”, or something like that. The important thing is that with positive thoughts, you attract good vibes.
3. Do not finance yourself in pawnshops. Interest rates can reach 200%. It should not be an option. That’s it.
4. Eat out more than three times a week. There are very few people who travel for work all the time and those people usually get money to spend on food from their companies. They are not spending out of pocket. This means that eating out is more of a luxury than a necessity. Nothing wrong with going out on a weekend to eat with friends or family; doing it too often is the problem.
5. Do not pay the minimum on credit cards. Banks and businesses mail you the minimum payment, but it’s not to help you. While paying the minimum, it will take you longer to pay off the card which means that they will steal more money in interest each month. Don’t do it.
6. You save very little, and what you save, sits in a common bank account where you do not earn anything in interest but you do get charged for service fees.
You have three options:
A. Use an account that automatically invests your savings in the market and helps you generate more money. For example, Acorns. This is a very user-friendly platform, which helps you save and invest without requiring any time spent from you. It also helps you get cash back when you buy directly from the application in your favorite stores such as Groupon, Amazon, AT&T, Adidas, Bed Bath & Beyond, Xfinity, Dell, ESPN+, eBay, Forever 21, GNC, Kay Jewelers, and about 300 other businesses.
B. Open an account with Robinhood which is an investment platform with a commission FREE policy. Also, get a free stock when you open your account. It’s great since you are already in profits as soon as the stock moves one cent in your direction. Take into consideration that it will consume more time since you have to transfer the money and decide on the companies that you will invest.
C. Open an account with an online bank that can pay you an interest of 2% or more. These online banks are better than common banks with buildings and employees because by not having to pay rent or wages, they can pay up higher interest to you. Mine is MySavingsDirect which pays me a 2.37%.
I hope it helps! Leave your comment below.
Remember, it’s all about the road to wealth. If you liked it, pay it forward. Don’t forget to share it on social media and help others become successful as well. There is plenty of room for all of us. In the end, your success will only depend on you and not what others do.
If you have any questions, you can reach me at email@example.com